Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan 2

Whats on your menu this week???

Here is mine! 

As I said in a past post about my meal 'plan', it is just that, I often switch things around during the week tho! 
For example, the end of last week, when we were suppose to have smoothies and muffins, I hadn't had time to bake the muffins yet, so I swapped them for this mornings breakfast! Since it was on my plan I knew I had everything and it was no big deal! 

I had done pancakes with some frozen strawberries I had left in my freezer for our breakfast for dinner on Friday, from the last time I made jam, since I had defrosted them and had left overs I needed to use I decided to try a new recipe for some Strawberry Muffins! They turned out great! 

So here is the recipe, changed a bit, as I always seem to do! 



Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Muffins


  • 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 egg white, beaten
  • 2/3 cup diced strawberries- I used the frozen, (defrosted) ones I spoke of, they were a little mushy I just chopped them a little more to make them smaller pieces. 
  • 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips- I used mostly white chocolate chips instead, with a few chocolate chips, and regular size, not minis (And probable more than the 1/3 cup, I just poured till it looked good ;)



  1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and applesauce until together until no brown sugar lumps remain - a fork works well to break up the brown sugar here. Add the beaten egg white until fully incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry until just combined - do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
  3. Divide the batter evenly between  muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Muffins will be lightly golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Mine took about 20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!

I, of course, found the recipe on Pinterest! Here is a link to the website it came from:


SO, What is on your menu for the week?




No comments:

Post a Comment