Friday, August 23, 2013

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup!

One of my families favorites, anytime of year, is chicken noodle soup! 
And it is super easy and affordable! 

So I will hare how I make chicken noodle soup, I know there are lots of recipes out there!
But this one works for me! 

Chicken Noodle Soup

I either boil chicken in a crock pot for several hours, or on the stove for an hour or so until it is cooked all the way. I put chicken bullion, pepper, salt, some garlic powder and some onion powder in the water to give it a good flavor! ((I use the cheap chicken breasts I find on sale for 99 cents a bound, so it had bones and skin on it.))

Once the chicken is done, I take it out and dump out the water. I know some people like to use the water for a broth, but I don't like the fatty/oily stuff in it, and it doesn't have enough flavor to be worth it to me.  

I do use the same pot/crock pot (I don't clean it out, just empty it), and start cooking my noodles, about one box/package, and chopped carrots, whatever amount looks good, I did about a dozen baby carrots! Sometimes I put in celery also, depends on if I have it, and if I am in the mood ;)
While that is cooking...


I take the chicken and pull the skin off, and then pull the meat of the bones. And then I shred the meat and put it aside! 


This time I had put 4 breasts in my bag in the freezer, but didn't need that much chicken, so I went ahead and cooked it all anyway, and then shredded the other 2 breasts and put it in the fridge for Chicken pockets 2 nights later! It is also great for Chicken Salad, or to just freeze cooked to use in the future! 

After my noodles and carrots where done, I drained that water and put in some chicken broth, (I just buy the cheap kind, cause I can add seasoning to it if I feel the need.) And I put in the chicken and mixed it all up and heated it! And done! 
SO EASY! One pot! Yummy! 


After we were done with dinner I took what was left and decided to try a tip I saw on Pinterest! 
I froze individual servings in a muffin tin! 


After they were frozen I popped them out! I put half in one baggie, and half in another. I figure we can easily pull out one or two at a time! But you can do it how ever you want! 

The rest went in the fridge and was eaten for lunch the next day! And after school snackage!  

This is also a great one to make a huge batch of and freeze for a later meal! 



No comments:

Post a Comment