Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tried a new recipe!

As I have been following my meal plan for this last week I tried a new recipe I thought I would share! It is actually from a freezer cooking post another blog posted, and I found via Pinterest! (Love pinterest!) I didn't do it from the freezer tho! 

Her site: 

I did the Teriyaki Chicken, down in the recipes section!
She has a lot of great tips on preparing and using freezer meals also! 

So instead of doing it all and putting it in a freezer bag to freeze, I dumped the raw ingredients in the crock pot! 

HER RECIPE: 
freezer2
1teriyakichicken
I also did my own amounts, cause I wasn't splitting it to freeze. My adjustments were,
I did half a bag of baby carrots, half an onion (we aren't big onion eaters...), one can of pineapple, I did diced garlic (I guessed at the amount, but it tells you on the jar of diced garlic how much equals a clove, I didn't notice it so i didn't put enough in.), I did chicken strips, raw, about 6 for my family, and all the teriyaki sauce called for. 

It turned our GREAT! I served it with rice and it had everything for a healthy meal! 
So if you are looking for some freezer meals or just a new recipe to try go check out Ring Around the Rosies blog for 20 great recipes! 
(I will be trying more of her recipes when I do some freezer meals in the future!)



No comments:

Post a Comment